Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

REPOST from 4/27/11: Dear Baby Girl or Baby Boy

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dear Baby Girl or Baby Boy,

I have no idea what to even say...you are a dream that is about to become a reality. There are so many reasons I think of why you were made possible. A little more than a year ago I did not think I would ever have the chance to be a mommy of three. I thought my time was already allocated. And then your big brother got the opportunity to move onto a better life. And as a good mommy should...when you see a better opportunity for your child you need to let them pursue it, no matter your own feelings.

In payment for letting your brother go...I got to have you.

Sometime tomorrow or maybe even the next day you will be born and I will get to meet you for the first time. I can not even tell you all the ways I have imagined this perfect moment. It may not be perfect by my own crazy dreamy definition, but it will be perfect in that you are finally here...after everything that has lead up to you...you are finally here.

I have gotten to see you in photos and through those I kind of feel like I have met you. But really you will not be anything like your photos, after all I have not heard your cry, I have not kissed your lips, or felt your grasp. I do not know if you have hair, I do not even know if you are a boy or a girl. I can not fathom what meeting you will be like. By now you know me MUCH more than I know you...but I can not wait to catch up.

I am worried though, as you coming into this world is not going to be easy for either of us. I know there are no guarantees and that anything can happen. I know that you may struggle with a kidney issue and that you might have some scary moments...but just remember that I will be there with you...snuggling you. And that I will always be with you through anything life throws at you. I will be there on your first day of life...just as you will be on my last day years and years and years later.

I know that you will look up to your big brother and sister...they can teach you a lot about life...but if you are anything like any of them...you will be teaching all of us as well. I have learned so much more from my children in their such young lives than I have learned in my 26 years before I met them. You are all amazing and much more than I could ever have asked for.

Thank you little one for being so strong and so healthy and for helping me get to a new chapter in my life...one that starts with you and your big sister. One that will play on for pages and pages and years and years to come.

Mama loves you little one! I can't wait to meet you!

See you tomorrow!

Love,
Mama


4 comments:

  1. Tears of joy!! Praying for you, Ryan, Hayden and Baby tomorrow and always!
    ReplyDelete
  2. Third time in one day this blog has brought tears to my eyes! What a sweet, sweet Mama you are! I cannot wait to meet Baby Ruhge #3!! Love you sissy!! In my prayers. . .
    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow Lacey! I look forward to "meeting" your newest addition!
    ReplyDelete

No comments:

Post a Comment